I have recently bought this book and I like it! Sometimes I struggle with books that are too wordy or just not thorough enough so this is a refreshing read and yes, I have recommended it to clients. Most parents want their child to be happy and most parents want to avoid messing things up. So how do you achieve that?
In this absorbing, clever and funny book, popular psychotherapist Philippa Perry shares what really matters and what behaviour it is important to avoid - the vital dos and don'ts of parenting.
Instead of mapping out the 'perfect' plan, Perry offers a big-picture look at the elements that lead to good parent-child relationships. This refreshing, judgement-free guide will help you to:
- Understand how your own upbringing may affect your parenting
- Accept that you will make mistakes and learn what you can do about them
- Break negative cycles and patterns
- Handle your own and your child's feelings
- Understand what different behaviours communicate
Full of sage and sane advice, this is a book that every parent will learn from and every child will wish their parents had read.